What is NBA?
The NBA or National Basketball Association is a North American professional basketball league with thirty teams (twenty-nine in the United States and one in Canada). It is one of the four significant trained sports leagues in Canada and the United States. It is the world’s leading professional men’s basketball league. The American Basketball Association was established in 1946 by influential hockey stadium owners in the northeastern and midwestern United States and Canada.
The history of NBA and NBA quiz
The league was founded in New York on June 6, 1946, and was then called the BAA or Basketball Association of America. In the initial years, the mark of BAA games was not much better than that of competing leagues.
In 1949, the remaining NBL and BAA teams merged. Due to the merger and avoiding possible legal problems, the league was renamed the contemporary National Basketball Association.
If you want to discover more about this league, you must test yourself in the NBA Quiz. Quizzes are one of the most iconic sporting events and one of the most immeasurable ways to expand your knowledge of NBA teams, professionals, championships, and prizes.
The teams in NBA and the quizzes on NBA teams
The NBA league consists of 30 teams, divided into two conferences, east and west. Each gets divided into three departments, and there are five teams.
- The Eastern Conference gets divided into the Atlantic Division: New York Knicks, Boston Celtics, Brooklyn Nets, Toronto Raptors, 76es and Philadelphia.
- Central Division includes Chicago Bulls, Cleveland Cavaliers, Detroit Pistons, Indiana Pacers and Milwaukee Bucks. In the Southeast division, Miami Heat, Atlanta Hawks, Orlando Magic, Washington Wizards and Charlotte Hornets.
- The Western Conference gets divided into the Northwest Division. The teams include Denver Nuggets, Portland Trail Blazers, Oklahoma City Thunder, Minnesota Timberwolves and Utah Jazz.
- The Pacific Division and the Golden State Warriors, Phoenix Suns, Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Clippers and Sacramento Kings.
- The Southwest Division is with the Dallas Mavericks, New Orleans Pelicans, Houston Rockets, Memphis Grizzlies and San Antonio Spurs.
The NBA All-Star Game is a three-day meet called All-Star Weekend. The event is held from Friday to Sunday in February every year. 24 NBA All-Star players participated in this game.
Five successful players of the NBA and players quiz
- LeBron James
A expert professional for the Los Angeles Lakers. James’ achievements cover three NBA Finals MVP awards, four NBA MVP awards, three NBA championships, and two Olympic gold medals. James nicknames are King James and Lorain.
- Stephen Curry
A Golden State Warriors player in the Western Conference with victories in three NBA championships and the sixth NBA All-Star selection. Curry is also the best shooter in NBA history. Curry’s nickname is Baby-faced assassin, Golden Boy.
- Kevin Durant
Durant is a player on the Brooklyn Nets in the Eastern Conference. Durant’s achievements cover two NBA championships, two finals MVP awards, one NBA Most Valuable Player award and two NBA All-Star games. Durant’s nickname is Durantula, KD.
- Kawhi Leonard
Leonard played for the Los Angeles Clippers in the Western Conference. Leonard’s victories include two NBA championships, three NBA All-Star Game titles, and two NBA Finals MVP championships. Leonard’s nickname is Claw.
- James Harden
Harden played in the Western Conference for the Houston Rockets, and accomplishments incorporating seven NBA All-Stars, two NBA scoring champions, the sixth NBA Player of the Year and the second NBA player AllRookie. Harden’s nicknames are stepfather, beard and no D Harden.
There are several quizzes available for NBA fans out there. There is also a ‘Will I be in the NBA quiz’ available for such enthusiasts for those dreaming of becoming a part of the NBA.