Having bold, beautiful eyebrows is a facial feature that most women are attracted to. While some are born with it, others like to have them done by certain artificial procedures. One of the most common methods accepted by surgeons worldwide is microblading.
What is microblading? Just like normal tattooing, microblading is a cosmetic practice. Hair extensions are done in your brows for a better appearance. It aims to make your brows thick by making them look fuller. Although microblading is a semi-permanent process, women find it truly amazing to notice the instant change in their eyebrows.
The important features of microblading: The advantages:
Microblading is done by trained doctors only. A small tattooing machine is used to produce extensions in your brows, as a result of which, it appears thicker. Microblading is painless and is a less complicated process. Some of the other features of it are as follows:
- Microblading offers consistent results. Once the doctor introduces the basic concept to you, all things seem less stressful. However, prepping up for microblading is important to avoid maximum side-effects.
- The major advantage of this procedure is that it is done quickly. You need not go for two sessions or three sessions. A single session will deliver the best results when done by an experienced doctor.
- There are very few things to take care of when it comes to microblading. The doctor takes note of your skin type, the quality of hair and undertakes the process accordingly. The doctor will also take note of your preference when it comes to the eyebrow style and thickness.
What are the most common side-effects of microblading?
Although microblading is a painless procedure, there are few things to keep in mind regarding side effects. These are as follows:
- Not all microblading sessions are the same. It depends on the individual and his or her brow quality.
- Microblading can cause heavy damage when you have sensitive skin. Although doctors use a numbing and soothing gel before and after the procedure, the effect can still become visible.
- Redness, itching of eyebrows, stretchy skin, and headache are common side effects spotted after microblading. Although these are gone with time, talk to your doctor if they stay for a week or more.
- Avoid getting any makeup done after microblading. Also, avoid threading and waxing for a minimum of two weeks. As the area is still healing, it is important to soothe the skin and not irritate it further. Apply a soothing cream two times a day for best results.
Post-treatment care: Things to take care of
To avoid prolonged side-effects, make sure that you take post-treatment care seriously. While it is important to understand ‘’what is microblading’’ on a general note, don’t take after-care casually. A slight mistake can cause enough harm to prepare you for a whole week in bed. Therefore, take small steps towards healing yourself for achieving beautiful brows.